Dr Estey's comments on wining the award: "Thank you very much. Of course the award is largely a reflection on the quality of the mentees. In particular, both Mike Hochman and Hiba Khan were great. Mike just presented a poster at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) meeting last week. Hiba just submitted a paper to the Journal of Clinical Oncology. Each is applying for a Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology."
Since 2013, the Internal Medicine residents have awarded one deserving faculty mentor annually. This year several faculty members were nominated. Dr. Estey received two glowing nominations. The selection committee chose him to receive this year's award based on the strength and number of his nominations and the depth of support you provide resident research mentees.
Below is a list of the recipients since 2013:
- 2013-Thomas R. Hawn, MD, PhD (ID)
- 2014-Catherine Terri Hough, MD, MSc (PCCM)
- 2015-R. Scott McClelland, MD, MPH (ID)
- 2016-Mark M. Wurfel, MD, PhD (PCCM)
- 2017-Shobha W. Stack, MD, PhD (GIM)
- 2018-Nisha Bansal, MD, MAS (Nephrology)